Monday, February 8, 2010

Honest update

So I'm not gonna lie, I've been awful for practicing, as in I didn't practice last week at all. I guess last Monday was a really bad one for me and I just wanted to forget about it, including Eduardo.
But enough with making up excuses, after today's in-class lesson, I feel much more motivated. I feel like I'm slowly getting the hang of the D-chord, A-chord and G-chord. I really appreciate those handouts Denise has given us, especially the 3 chord songs. And it turns out I WONT be able to play that Iron and Wine song by the end of this semester, the chords are ridiculously hard. Maybe I'll get Mike to learn it and I'll sing to it, and we can present it together at the end of the semester (but now I'm just throwing ideas out there).
So I have learned something, and it was about myself. I figured out that teaching myself something that I had no idea or any experience on is extremely hard. To have the motivation and drive to teach myself something NOT giving up is hard. I'm not gonna lie, there was a point where I just wanted to drop this, but I'm feeling a little bit better now after today. Unlike the recorder, I'm truly up to my own to provide my own devices. I did well with recorded cause I was given the resources and I had some background experience with playing the saxophone.
Anyways, I thought I would share with you guys this website. It's just a website with a bunch of 3 chord songs (D, A and G), that I luckily fell upon. I think I'm going to change my target to try and learn some of these songs, and maybe a song with a few more chords. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. It's okay Alej, I've been feeling the same way. Today's class also gave me a lot more motivation to practice since I love the song "The First Cut is the Deepest" and am going to try to record it during Reading Week. Good luck to you and Eduardo! Maybe we could have a practice session sometime?

    ReplyDelete